Am I a candidate for a thigh lift?
Do you feel like your thighs are too big? Do you have excess skin and fat on your thighs that you can’t seem to get rid of through diet and exercise? If so, you may be a good candidate for a thigh lift.
This cosmetic procedure can help reduce the size of your thighs and improve their overall appearance. This blog post will provide a comprehensive outlook of who is a good candidate for a thigh lift and what to expect from the procedure.
Who Is a Good Candidate for A Thigh Lift?
You Are Unhappy with The Appearance of Your Thighs
If you are generally unhappy with the appearance of your thighs, whether it is due to excess fat, skin, or both, you may be a good candidate for a thigh lift. This cosmetic procedure can help improve the general appearance of your thighs by reducing their size and improving their shape. This will hopefully restore your confidence and restore a positive body image.
You Have Excess Skin on Your Thigh
Common reasons patients may be bothered by excess thigh skin is that it can cause uncomfortable chafing and skin rashes. A thigh lift surgical procedure can help remove the excess skin and improve these symptoms as well as improve the contour of your thighs.
Healthy Individuals Without a Serious Medical Condition
You may be a good candidate for a thigh lift if you are a generally healthy non-smoker and have no serious underlying medical conditions. Your surgeon may require you have a medical evaluation to ensure you are healthy to undergo general anesthesia and have the surgery.
Positive Outlook and Realistic Goals
If you have a positive outlook and realistic thigh lift surgery goals, you may be a good candidate for this procedure. Having realistic expectations for your results and understanding that a thigh lift is not a weight loss surgery is essential.
Healthy Lifestyle at Goal Weight
Patients who have completed their weight loss goals and are committed to maintaining a healthy lifestyle which includes daily exercise and eating nutritious meals, are the best candidates for a thigh lift. This cosmetic procedure can help improve the appearance of your thighs, but it is not an alternative to weight loss. To maintain your results, it is important to keep a consistent diet and exercise routine.
What to Expect from a Thigh Lift?
- The procedure will take place in a hospital or outpatient surgical center. You will be given anesthesia for the procedure, which will be performed on an outpatient basis. This means that you will not have to stay overnight in the hospital.
- The thigh lift procedure typically takes about two to three hours to complete. After the procedure, you may experience some swelling and bruising, but this should subside within a few weeks.
- You will be able to see the results of your procedure immediately. However, it may take several months for the final results to be visible as the swelling and bruising subside.
- The results of your thigh lift are typically long-lasting. However, you may experience minor changes in your appearance over time as your body ages and changes.
- You will need to take it easy for 4-6 weeks after your procedure. This means avoiding strenuous activity and exercise until cleared by your surgeon.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are considering a thigh lift, contact Tucson Plastic Surgery today, to discuss your options and determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure with one of our board-certified plastic surgeons.